Vegetables and fruits for children are the main component of a healthy and balanced diet that a growing body needs. Some children do not like to use these products because of their unusual taste. In the case when children refuse to even try the fruit or vegetable you proposed, you should apply a few tips to help you fall in love with these healthy products.
Teach children to fruit
You can offer one of the fruit in the breaks from the main food. Vegetables and fruits for children will help in mental development, and will keep the immune system in good shape. We offer several ways to teach your child to eat vegetables and fruits:
- Buy more useful products. Let them always be in stock when the child gets hungry, he can unknowingly try it in the interval between the activities.
- Let the basket with bananas, oranges, and apples stand on the table. Put the purchased products on the table right away so that the baby can take them freely.
- A basket can be put in the place where the baby spends most of the time. This method is good because in the break from the main food and between games he will be able to eat the fruits he likes.
- Serve the fruit at the time of its play. Try to cut the fruit and bring them on a plate. At the time of watching cartoons or games, he may unknowingly eat them.
- Serve the fruit as a dessert. You can serve sweet dishes from them a couple of times a week. For this assorted fruit cut into slices and pour cream.
- Let’s take a small-sized fruit with you for a walk. If a child goes to school, be sure to place a separate banana, orange or a bunch of grapes apart from the main food. Gradually, he will get used and love these products.
also read The best recipes for cough with banana
We offer to explore a number of ways that your children fall in love with vegetables, which are mandatory for growth and development:
- Buy vegetables with a margin. Even if they are not used, these fruits should always be in the fridge. When the child returns from school or walks, try to prepare a dish that includes steamed vegetables. You can serve them as a salad, adding to it those products that the baby is used to using.
- If the child is not familiar with this or that product and has never tried it before, it is better to put it next to the main course so that you can try a new vegetable. This technique will contribute to the gradual introduction of vegetables in the diet.
- Be an example. During lunch, sit next to the child and place boiled or stewed dishes in front of you. Praise food and offer to share a meal with you.
- Serve raw. If the baby does not like vegetables in boiled or stewed form, offer to taste raw foods (for example, pepper or carrot). A crunchy taste can increase your appetite and thus the habit of eating this type of nutritious food will arise.
- Serve as a treat. If the kid is busy playing games on the computer or watching television, a bowl of frozen green beans or peas with pepper can serve as a good snack.
- Mask products. If the child completely refused to try and use them in any form, try to hide the vegetables in the dishes to which the sauce or pasta is added. In such dishes, finely chopped onions, carrots and peppers are not visible and can not be heard.
- Set as an example peers. In the case of the arrival of his friends, you can pre-make a vegetable menu that your child would never eat alone. Seeing that the children like the dish, he will most likely join, and soon he will be happy to take the vegetables in any serving.
- Let him make a choice. Being with the child in the store, give him the right choice of vegetables and decide with the baby that you cook with this. As a result, the child himself will be interested in what came out of the components he chose.
And finally, be more often with children in the kitchen, show them the products and the recipe of their preparation. This will contribute to the awakening of interest in vegetables and fruits.