In the period of carrying a child, every woman wants to give birth to a healthy baby and does everything possible for this. Citrus fruits during pregnancy will help to support immunity. However, in addition to their benefits, it is not recommended to use them in large quantities in order to avoid the development of intrauterine allergy in the baby.
Citrus Fruit Benefits
A balanced diet of the future mother should contain the optimal amount of vitamins and minerals that come with food. Fresh fruit can serve as a vitamin complex.
Women in the period of carrying a child most often have a shortage of vitamin C, and therefore it is recommended to eat citrus fruits with the content of this vitamin. It should be borne in mind that a large amount of ascorbic acid can adversely affect the tone of the uterine muscles, which threatens to interrupt pregnancy.
Citrus fruits are useful not only for women, but also for the full development of the fetus during pregnancy. The content of useful elements found in such fruits helps to form the nervous system of the child and contributes to an increase in immunity in the future. The high content of folic acid, vitamin A, E, K and vitamin B complex can reduce the risk of heart disease while preventing the manifestation of anemia during pregnancy.
also read Teach the child to fruits and vegetables
Fruits may well be involved in the diet of women. But due to their increased allergenicity, the use of such fruits should be moderate. During pregnancy, citrus fruits are necessary to normalize intestinal activity and prevent constipation.
Citruses and their effects on the body
In the first semesters of pregnancy, fruits help to cope with the manifestation of toxicosis, but only if they are consumed in moderation. Consider the benefits of such fruits as:
- Mandarins – must be consumed if the expectant mother is not prone to allergic manifestations. The number of mandarins per day to maintain a healthy state is 2 fruits, and they are recommended for women who may have edema.
- Oranges – can be used if there are no contraindications, among which are duodenal diseases and various stomach problems. Orange juice contains active ingredients that can irritate the mucous membrane of internal organs, thereby causing many unpleasant symptoms.
- Grapefruit – can replace oranges. Fruits can be consumed with alternation, it will reduce the risk of allergic reactions.
- Lemon – recommended for use in the period of gestation. Lemon slices can be put in tea or used as a salad dressing.
- Pomelo – the most favorable when carrying a child. Pomelo is less allergic compared to orange and may be present in the diet, but with moderate proportions. Pomelo contains a high level of vitamin C. But it is important to remember that in the last stages of pregnancy its use is not desirable. This is due to the excessive content of ascorbic acid, which significantly reduces blood clotting and threatens the difficult course of childbirth.
On the basis of the positive factor added to the diet of fruits, it can be noted that citrus fruits are necessary for pregnant women to support the health of the woman and the birth of a healthy baby.
Contraindications to the use of citrus
In addition to the evidence, there are also contraindications for citrus during pregnancy:
- The use of fruit is not recommended for persons with increased acidity of the stomach.
- The presence of allergic reactions.
- Diabetes does not allow fruit to be consumed due to their high sucrose content.
In the period of carrying a baby, it is necessary to consume the fruits in moderate quantities in order not to harm either one’s own or the health of an unborn baby. After all, health is a fundamental factor in the life of a mother and her child.