In this section, we will advise young mommies how to feed a baby aged 2-3 years.
Breakfast for children 2-3 years
To feed a child of 2-3 years is quite difficult, especially when it comes to breakfast, which should not only be tasty, but also useful.
However, in reality there are many recipes that are perfect for a children’s breakfast, and if you also serve ready-made meals beautifully and interestingly, the child eats the contents of the plate with pleasure and without tears.
Meals that can be prepared for a child aged 2-3 years: a list
It is necessary to understand that a child is not an adult at all, who can independently eat any favorite food during the day. The kid needs to be fed, and this food should be healthy, nutritious and sufficiently high-calorie.
For breakfast for the child can be served:
- Kashi. Kashi must be in the diet of your crumbs. It is in the cereals contains a huge amount of nutrients – vitamins and trace elements that are necessary for the normal operation of the child’s body.
- Meat. Also in the menu of the child must be something meat. But it is worth remembering that by meat you need to mean fresh and better homemade meat, for example, rabbit meat, turkey meat, veal, etc., but not smoked sausage and sausages.
- Fruits, vegetables, dried fruits. These products are also very important for the children’s body, so do not forget to please the crumbs with such goodies. By the way, dried fruits are perfect as an additive to various cereals.
- Milk products. Cottage cheese, milk, cheese – healthy foods for the child. But here it is necessary to understand that it is better to give preference to home products, rather than purchased ones. Sweet curds, curd masses, etc. should not be attributed to useful dairy products.
You should not give the following foods to your child for breakfast :
- Sweets, especially chocolates, candy bars, chocolate butter sandwiches, etc.
- Do not give your child a lot of flour and bakery products. Of course, a child at the age of 3 years can make a bun with butter, but you should not get carried away with such food.
- Fried, sour, spicy in general should be excluded from the diet of such crumbs. The use of such products will adversely affect the work of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
Semolina porridge with milk and bananas for a child’s breakfast: a recipe
Semolina for breakfast for a child is the food that every person associates with childhood. Not all children love to eat such food for breakfast, but if you try a little, you can cook a delicious dish that will be happy to eat, not only a child, but also an adult.
- Semolina – 1.5 st.l.
- Milk – 300 ml
- Granulated sugar – 1 tsp.
- Butter – a small piece
- Banana – 1 pc.
Cooking such a breakfast is quite simple:
- In a container with a thick bottom pour the specified amount of milk. Milk is desirable to use homemade, because it is much more useful store. We are waiting for the milk to boil.
- Pour sugar into boiling milk, stir the ingredients.
- Next, pour the semolina, constantly stir the contents of the pan. The fire at this moment is not very strong, otherwise the porridge will burn.
- Cook porridge until done, add oil, and then give the dish another 5 minutes. to infuse.
- We cut the banana and either add the pieces to the porridge itself, or lay them on the edge of the plate, and then pour the semolina into it.
- At the request of the berries, you can make eyes and a mouth for semolina. Such a design will distract the crumb, and he will gladly eat porridge.
Buckwheat porridge with milk and honey for breakfast for the child: a recipe
Buckwheat porridge is considered the most useful breakfast dish for a child, which is why young moms try to cook it as little as possible for their crumbs.
- Milk – 250 ml (and 250 ml so that they can pour buckwheat porridge)
- Water – 250 ml
- Buckwheat Kernels – 1 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1 tsp.
- Salt – Pinch
Next, follow the instructions for cooking porridge:
- According to this recipe, it is recommended to grind buckwheat, but if you do not want to do this, you can cook whole buckwheat kernels. Go through the croup, discard all unusable kernels, rinse. If you still decide to grind grits, then do it with a coffee grinder, but not quite to a powder.
- In a container with a thick bottom, pour in milk and water, wait until the contents of the pan boil.
- Next, add cereal, sugar and salt into the container, stirring constantly, boil the ground buckwheat for 10-12 minutes.
- If you grind the rump, then you don’t need to add milk to it, and its consistency will be liquid. In this case, put some butter in the porridge and, if desired, honey. However, with honey you need to be careful, because it very often causes an allergic reaction in children. If desired, honey can be replaced with natural jam.
- If you cook porridge from whole grains, the cooking time will be about 15 minutes. After cooking porridge need to pour boiled milk.
Omelette with chicken fillet for breakfast for a healthy kids: a recipe
This breakfast will be very tasty and satisfying. Well, and since this is not milk porridge, which the children do not like very much, there is a chance that a crumb will eat such a breakfast with pleasure.
- Chicken flesh – 1 pc.
- Eggs – 4 pcs.
- Homemade Milk – 100 ml
- Salt – at your discretion
- Butter – 50 g
Cooking omelet will be this way:
- Initially, you need to boil the chicken fillet. If we were preparing breakfast for an adult, the meat would be easier to fry, but in the case of children, it would be better to give preference to the cooked product. Cook the fillets until tender for 15-20 minutes, in salted water. Next, cut the meat in small pieces.
- Beat eggs into a separate container and beat them with salt.
- Next, pour milk into the container, mix the ingredients.
- Now in the egg mixture lay the fillet pieces.
- Put a piece of butter in the pan, wait for it to melt, and pour the omelet into the container.
- Cook the dish under the lid closed for 10 minutes.
- You can make eyes and mouth of vegetables on a piece of omelette.
Oatmeal with dried fruit for baby breakfast: a recipe
Oatmeal is not a favorite porridge of children. However, in the diet of crumbs, it should be, because it is rich in various vitamins and trace elements. To make porridge more delicious, add fruits, nuts and dried fruits.
- Oatmeal – 70 g
- Homemade Milk – 400 ml
- Prunes, dried apricots – several pcs.
- Raisin – a small handful
- Liquid natural honey – 1 tsp.
The dish will be prepared in this way:
- Dried fruits and pour boiling water. Next, grind in small pieces.
- Pour milk into a container with a thick bottom and wait for it to boil.
- It is desirable to wash the flakes.
- Pour cereal into boiling milk. The fire under the pan do the minimum, cook porridge for about 3 minutes, constantly stirring it at the same time.
- Leave the finished dish under the closed lid for 5 minutes.
- Then add honey and dried fruits to the porridge, letting the porridge stand for another 5 minutes.
- If the child is allergic to honey, replace it with a small amount of sugar or jam. If desired, fresh or frozen berries, fruits and nuts can be added to the porridge.
also read Weight Loss
Cheesecakes with prunes for baby breakfast: a recipe
Cheese cakes can also be an excellent option for a baby breakfast. This sweet and healthy dish, as a rule, is popular with children, especially if you serve it with sweet jam and cocoa.
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Granulated sugar – 3 tsp.
- Home-made cottage cheese – 250 g
- Prunes – 5 pcs.
- Wheat flour – 2 tbsp.
- Refined vegetable oil – 3 tbsp.
The cooking process consists of the following steps:
- We drive eggs into the container, beat them a little.
- Next, send sugar to the eggs, mix the ingredients.
- Sift the flour, as we do not need lumps in cheesecakes. Pour the flour into the egg mixture and mix the ingredients.
- Next, add cottage cheese to the container, which you can pre-grind if desired, knead the dough
- Prune with boiling water for 5 minutes, then cut into small pieces and add to the dough.
- From the finished dough we make cheese cakes in any form. At will, you can make something interesting like a cloud, a heart, etc.
- Now pour 1 tbsp to the pan. butter and fry 1 portion of cheesecakes on it. Do not fry the child cheesecakes too long, to the crust. Cheesecakes should be soft, juicy and not very fat. After removing the delicacy from the pan, blot the excess oil with a dry napkin.
- Do the rest of the dough on the rest of the oil.
- To make the process of eating food more fun, form and serve cheesecakes interestingly. For example, make a round round cheesecake with a jam or pieces of fruit and tell the child that it is sunshine, etc.
Rice porridge with apples for baby breakfast: a recipe
Rice porridge, is another dish that should be in the diet of 2-3-year-old child. Such porridge can also be flavored with fruits, dried fruits and nuts. If the baby is slightly older, you can add cinnamon, vanillin, etc., but only if the child does not suffer from allergies.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 glasses
- Milk – 200 ml
- Salt – Pinch
- Sugar – at your discretion
- Apple sweet and sour – 1 pc.
- Dried apricots – a couple of pieces
Cooking breakfast porridge for a child will be this way:
- Rice in this recipe, in principle, as for any rice porridge, it is desirable to take a round, because it is better boiled soft and more sticky. We wash the rice several times in cool water and ship it to a container with a thick bottom.
- Pour the specified amount of water into the same container.
- Salt the water and boil the porridge under the lid until ready for about 20 minutes.
- Then pour the specified amount of milk into the container, add sugar and cinnamon if desired and prepare the dish for another 5-7 minutes. on the smallest fire.
- I wash my apple, clean it off the skin at will, and be sure to remove the core from it. Cut the fruit into small pieces.
- Dried apricots pour boiling water for 5 minutes, and then grind
- Add the apple and dried apricots into the porridge, mix the ingredients and let the dish brew for 10 minutes. under a closed lid.
There is a huge amount of different dishes that can be prepared for small children for breakfast, but the leading place among them still goes to healthy cereals.