This section will help parents to organize the educational process at home correctly. Here you can find information about the principles and organization of the physical, aesthetic, moral, sexual and other types of education of children of early, preschool and school age.
When a child turns 5 years old, parents begin to prepare for one of the most important events – entering the first grade. At this age, children have a growing desire to explore the world around them. They have the ability to analyze and memorize a large amount of information. Next, you will learn what tasks for children at that age should be offered in order to develop their logic and thinking.
Educational tasks for children 5-6 years: the development of mathematical abilities
There are many developmental centers in which qualified specialists help to develop the child’s creative potential, become more sociable in communicating with peers, and learn to adapt to new conditions. Attending developmental activities helps a preschooler improve attention and memory. They instill perseverance in him and tune in to the learning process.
Many parents prefer home preparation for the school process. In order to properly organize classes, it is necessary to analyze the skills of the child. You will be able to identify weaknesses and fill in the missing knowledge. All cognitive processes are best carried out in a playful way. Do not overdo it with the load, otherwise discourage the desire to engage.
Basic training should be directed to the study of the basics of writing and reading, to the tasks of mathematical direction, to the development of creative abilities, familiarity with the environment. New information the child perceives during the first half hour of classes. Then his attention becomes distracted, so it is necessary to take breaks.
The development of mathematical abilities is not easy given to children. This process should occur gradually and without haste. Do not go to the new material if the child has not learned the current one. For better assimilation of information, use bright memorable materials.
Use educational tasks for children 5-6 years. In mathematics, he should be able to:
- Count from 1 to 10, including in the reverse order.
- Count the number of items within the first ten.
- Be able to write numbers up to 10.
- Compare two numbers, sum up or subtract.
- Distinguish between geometric shapes.
- To divide an object into parts.
- Measure and compare the length.
Lay out on the table a few colored pencils of different lengths. The child must measure the length of each pencil with a ruler. Place the pencils in order – from the smallest to the largest.
- Puzzles with geometric shapes.
Cut out of paper 10 square cards. In the center of each draw a geometric shape and carefully cut with scissors. Place the cut cards in a row. Below in parallel in free order lay out geometric shapes. The child must name the figure and add the puzzle with the appropriate card.
- Draw geometric shapes.
Draw on the album sheet 10 rectangles arranged in length. Each of them is divided by a line into two square fields. In the left square draw a geometric shape, and inside it a few small shapes. The child needs to draw the same shape in the right margin and count the number of small shapes inside a large geometric one.
- The composition of the number.
Draw in a row of 10 circles. Part of them paint over the marker. In the next row, draw an arbitrary number of stars, paint a few of them. According to this principle, form 5 rows. Ask the child to count the number of figures in each row and tell what they are composed of.
For example – 10 circles consist of 4 shaded and 6 transparent.
- The relationship between the number and picture.
Draw several rows with different pictures in different quantities. For example, in the first row there are 6 emoticons, in the second there are 3 cubes, in the third there are 5 flowers, etc. At the bottom write a list of numbers corresponding to the number of objects in each row. Circle all numbers. Suggest a child to draw an arrow from each number to a row with so many objects.
- We draw figures on points.
Draw a shape with dots. Each sign in consecutive numbers. Invite the child to connect the dots, and name any object of the same shape as the resulting figure.
- Compare numbers.
Divide the sheet in half. On the left and right, draw identical objects of different quantities in a line.
For example, there are three circles on the left, four circles on the right. The task of the child is to count the number of objects, and arrange signs of inequality. Such educational tasks for children 5-6 years old will help the crumbs to prepare for school.
Speech development: useful tasks for a child in 5-6 years?
At the age of 5-6 years old, the child has a significantly increased vocabulary. At this age, children begin to read the first books in syllables. For the development of speech should perform simple tasks with a child of 5-6 years.
Writing and reading classes should lead to the following skills. Child 5-6 years old:
- Able to learn a verse and retell a fairy tale.
- A sign with a sound-letter scheme.
- Distinguishes vowels and consonants, reads letters and syllables.
- Finds the right letter in the word, can name the words in this letter.
- Divides words into syllables.
- Can describe a process or picture using different parts of speech.
- Makes complex sentences.
Tasks for the development of speech with a child of 5-6 years:
- We divide words into syllables.
Write a few words in block letters. Suggest the child to break it into syllables, underline the vowels and consonants, place the stress.
- Key letter.
Give the child a letter. Ask him to list the animals in the name of which there is this letter. Next, change the letter. Suggest to name the plants with such a letter in the beginning or middle of the word.
- Vowels and consonants.
Write a few words in the boxes. Have the child color the vowels in blue, and the consonants in red.
- The letter in the word.
Let the child learn the quatrain. Ask him to tell you, raising the intonation on the words, which include the letter “I”.
- Many-valued words.
Write 3-4 words, one of which will have a double meaning. The child needs to find this word. Explain its meaning if difficulties arise.
- For example – comb, comb, cap. Scallop is a double meaning word.
- Pen, pencil, notebook. A pen is a word of double meaning.
- Make up the words.
Write to the child a list of words from which you can make new ones by changing just one letter.
For example, a fishing rod, a mole, a screen, barrels, a thunderstorm. We remove the first letter and get new words.
The development of attention and memory: tasks for children 5-6 years
At the age of 5-6 years, children are already able to concentrate on one process. When memorizing information, the child already connects logic and associations. Train your memory by memorizing rhymes and songs and other developmental tasks for children 5-6 years old.
With the help of various activities preschooler should be able to:
- Find the same items
- Notice the differences in pictures
- Repeat a chain of words heard
- Memorize and play past events
- Independently work on the task
Tasks for the development of attention with a child of 5-6 years:
- Find differences.
Draw or print two cards with the same pictures, but with some differences. Show the child the first card – give him a few minutes to remember it. Then remove it and show the picture with the missing details. The child must name the missing elements.
An adult reads aloud various words. The child must select and name several associations for each word. Help direct his thoughts in the right direction.
- The development of thinking.
Name the child two random words. Ask to use them in a short story. The story can be supported by a picture.
- We remember by ear.
Read the child a chain of paired words.
For example, the sun is warm, the plate is buckwheat, the shower is soap. In the next step, call only the first words, and let the child remember a couple for them.
- Figure from memory.
Show your child a simple drawing or pattern. Invite a child to play it from memory.
- We consider the figures.
Draw a square on the whole sheet, draw it into small squares. In each of them draw different geometric shapes that should be repeated and meet repeatedly. The child needs to count how many of each of the figures are found on this field.
Tasks for children 5-6 years on the development of logical thinking
At 5-6, the child develops creative thinking. He comes up with his games. Draws filled pictures. Builds complex structures. Connects logic to your thinking in the process of action. The child is trying to connect objects and properties that do not follow the logic of an adult. Asks questions, studying the appointment of various subjects. Pushes his points of view. Begins to notice the inconsistency of words with reality. Do not prevent your child from participating in adult processes.
With exercise, the child should be able to:
- To establish the relationship between the subject and the phenomenon
- Solve logic tasks
- Establish cause-effect relationships
- Come up with non-standard solutions
- Find the general characteristics of objects
- Combine items on a common basis
Tasks for the development of logical thinking with a child of 5-6 years:
- Items of the same color.
Have a child find things of the same color in your environment. Sort the mosaic or cubes by color.
- Sign of items.
Draw or arrange four objects in a row, three of which will have a common feature. Ask the child to find an extra item.
For example, three items of stationery and one kitchen accessories.
Print pictures of people of different professions. Let the child name each one and tell what it is.
- We make the story.
Give the child a few words of the same action. Ask him to establish a sequence of events and tell about the perfect action.
For example, a set of words – a fire, a fence, a cat. Offer – on the fence sat a cat and looked at the fire.
- Combine the words.
List the child a few words, united by some attribute. Ask to name them in one word. For example, a cat, a dog, a horse, a tiger, a lion are animals. Bread, candy, cabbage, buckwheat – food.
- I believe – I do not believe.
You tell the child something in one sentence. He must say whether he believes or does not believe in these words. If he is mistaken, be sure to explain to him the correct answer.
For example – in winter the water in the river is warm. The child must say whether this is true or not and justify his decision.
Education Tasks for children 5-6 years on the development of physical abilities
At the age of 5-6 years old children love active games very much. Spend a lot of time on the playground. Overcome various obstacles.
Physical skills of a child in 5-6 years:
- Overcomes long distances.
- Plays ball games with precise coordination.
- Keeps balance on different swings.
- Without fear copes with crossbeams on horizontal bars.
- Able to withstand long excursions.
- Shows an active desire to ride the rides of its age category.
- Confidently maneuvering in labyrinths and on vertical ladders.
Tasks for the development of physical abilities of children 5-6 years:
- Roller skating, skateboarding, scooter, bike.
- Spending time in the aquatic environment, with the aim of learning swimming skills.
- Participation in collective sports games.
- Organizing a sports corner at home.
- Participation in competitions, races.
- Classes with a hoop, jump rope, fitball.
Assignments for children 5-6 years old: learn about the world
At preschool age, the child’s interest in studying the world around him increases. He daily learns new information from parents and external sources. Do not ignore his questions and supplement his basic knowledge. Preschooler must study the animal and plant world.
What a child of 5-6 years old should know about the environment:
- The name and purpose of the objects that surround it.
- Guessing a familiar subject by its description.
- Call animals, distinguish between wild and domestic.
- Call the birds, know the migratory.
- Know the name of trees and plants.
- Distinguish between vegetables, fruits and berries.
also read Healthy Kids
Tasks for knowledge of the world around 5-6 years old children:
- We are looking for a couple.
Prepare pictures with adult animals and separately with their cubs. Mix them together. Suggest the child to make a pair – each adult individual to find a baby.
Call the child a variety of animals. His task is to carry it to the domestic or wild. Tell about his habitat.
- Sort the crop.
Print your child pictures of fruits, vegetables, berries. Offer to sort them individually, naming each one in the process.
- We describe the subject.
Show your child pictures of various household items. He should name it and describe his purpose.
- Dry herbarium.
Collect leaves of various plants and trees for herbarium with your child. Study in the process of their names and characteristics.
- Natural phenomena.
Write a list of various phenomena of nature. Suggest the child to distribute them among the seasons.
Education Tasks for children 5-6 years on the development of creativity and fine motor skills
At preschool age, the child must have well-coordinated hand coordination. For the development of creative abilities, support children’s fantasies, imagination and ingenuity.
The child should be able to:
- Carefully cut and trace the outline of the drawings.
- Sculpt plasticine figures with fine details.
- To be able to use a needle and thread.
- Collect constructors from small parts.
- Draw a picture on a given topic.
- Make crafts from scrap materials.
Tasks for the development of creativity and fine motor skills for children 5-6 years old:
Collect various figures according to the schemes. Try to make letters or numbers. Sculpt characters from a fairy tale. Design geometric shapes with plasticine and toothpicks.
- We draw.
Have your child mix colors and get new colors. Color the pictures. Picture outfits for paper dolls. Draw landscapes on seasons.
- We make applications.
Perform applications of a specific object, a single image. For example, a tree, a flower, a house. Gradually complicate the work by adding the plot. For example, a tree near the river, a flower in a vase, a house in the forest. Use natural materials in your work – cones, acorns, flowers.
- We collect puzzles.
Cut any picture into large details. If the child copes with it easily, then reduce the size of the puzzles. Gradually complicate the task.
- We finish the pictures.
Draw on the leaf in the box half of the symmetric pattern. For example, the left side of a butterfly, the left side of a person, the left side of a figure. The task of the child on the model to draw the right side.
- Figure of cereals.
Draw a pencil contours of the image. Invite a child to complete a drawing by gluing various kinds of cereals.
Education Tasks for children of 5-6 years: we develop social skills
In order for a child to confidently contact peers and not get lost in an unfamiliar environment, already in 5-6 years old he must have the following social knowledge and skills:
- Know your name, gender, family composition, profession of parents.
- Know your address, contact phone.
- Distinguish between days of the week, month, seasons, hours of the day.
- Choose the right way to communicate, know the rules of behavior in public places.
- Show activity and curiosity in the learning process.
- Know the different sports and popular professions.
- To be able to interact with other children, share toys.
- Monitor your appearance, perform hygienic procedures.
- Know the culture of your people, traditions and holidays.
Tasks for the development of social skills with a child of 5-6 years:
- Invite a child to complete a personal data form together.
- Ask to tell about the city in which he lives. About the traditions and culture of our people.
- Learn to show sympathy and attention, to provide help and care. As a helper for the manifestation of these qualities can make a pet or a plant.
- Play role-playing games, adjusting the behavior of the child in the process. Play games with rules.
- Learn the rules of the road, rules of conduct, rules of etiquette.
- Teach your child to resolve differences and negotiate.